When Sunday worship is over and we are happily having our fellowship with one another over refreshments, there are a couple of people whose ministry just begins. They are the offering counting servants. For the sake of accountability, we have at least two people count the offering at church immediately after worship. That’s why their fellowship time is often cut very short. They are some of the few unsung heroes of our church.
In order to help their ministry become more efficient, we are going to use the newly designed offering envelopes in just a few weeks. This new offering envelope will have a section where you will need to record your personal offering number. This will help the ministry team in the following ways:
1. It will cut down a lot of time because they don’t have to scroll the computer screen up and down to look for our names. Instead, they can just enter the offering amount according to our personal numbers.
2. It will clear all the confusion that is caused by those who have the same names. (Did you know that New Life has at least two Sarah Kim’s, two Jennifer Lee’s and two Jae Yoo’s? The offering counting servants have been having a very difficult time distinguishing those people with the same names!)
3. It will clear all the confusion that is caused by those who have been using two, three different names. (Some of you have been using your American name as well as your ethnic name, which made the work very difficult for the ministry people.)
4. It will allow you to use just one number between you and your spouse.
5. It will help to generate more accurate individual offering report for our tax purposes.
The next couple of weeks we will insert inside your Sunday worship bulletin a sheet that has everyone’s name and number in it. Please take a look at it very carefully to see if you have been using multiple names or not. If so, please cross out the ones that you are not planning to use. Also, jot down your personal offering number that you see right next to the name that you are going to use in a very prominent place such as inside your checkbook. Then put the completed sheet either in the offering basket or in Stephen Park’s mailbox.
Before I end this letter, I want to commend you for your generous giving this year. During our budget meeting last Saturday, the team leaders realized that we have met our goal for 2002 above and beyond. In spite of the fact that the economy wasn’t all that great, all of you gave very sacrificially to the Lord. I think we are becoming more and more like our Lord Jesus in the area of giving.
“For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.” (2 Corinthians 8: 9)
May the Lord repay you for what you have done!
No Comments to "Helping Our Offering Counting Servants!"